Prime Sports Therapy
We currently offer dry cupping as part of our services here at Prime Sports Therapy.
You may have seen atheletes including Anthony Joshua & Michael Phelps with dark circles on thier skin.
This is a short term result of cupping.
Cupping is an ancient chinese therapy that has recently been adapted to fit the field of sports and medicine.
Functional exercise and movement patterns combined with cupping is a growing trend in aiding the repair of musculoskeletal pathologies and much more.
Following a treatment session you should aim to :
– Avoid stimulants including Tea, Coffee and Energy drinks
– Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated
– Avoid direct heat to treated areas
– We encourage regular relaxation periods
Regular session will allow you to maintain the benefits of Cupping sessions.
Cupping has many benefits including:
– Breaking down scar tissue to allow an increase in range and motion
– Promoting blood circulation
– Helping the body to release toxins
– Headache treatment
– Body Detoxification
– Relieving Muscular aches and pains
– Improving circulation including cold hands & feet
– Scarring relief & Increased range of motion.
Brief session information
Cups are applied to the skin which reduces the inside pressure of the cup either by heat or suction, this creates negative pressure.
This negative pressure draws superficial muscles and skin in to the cup.
When cupping is performed for the first time there will be a reddening of the skin and a ring mark at the site of treatment.
This is nothing to worry about and will fade within a few hours to a few days.
If you have any questions or queries concerning the suitability of the treatment please contact us using the details below.
– 60 Minutes – £55
– 30 Minutes – £35
185 Brookhowse Road, London, SE6 3TT
© 2019 Fazhie